Global Warming and Environment Awareness
Weather patterns are gradually becoming unpredictable as a result of Global warming. It means that the average temperature of the earth is increasing.
Due to global warming, ice caps on the north & south poles of the earth have begun melting at a fast pace. This has led to rise of sea water levels by 4 to 5 inches globally. It is being estimated that in the next 100 years, sea levels will rise by 35 inches.
The Earth is heating up due to the Greenhouse Effect. Greenhouse Effect is the natural process by which the atmosphere traps some of the sun’s energy, warming the earth enough to support life. The Greenhouse Effect is caused by certain gases present in the earth’s atmosphere, such as carbon dioxide & methane.
How do we prevent Global warming?
- Use of CFL’s instead of usual incandescent bulbs, uses less power. Use those appliances that consume less power.
- Sensible use of vehicles. If there are fewer vehicles on the roads, fuel consumption will also reduce. Walk as much as possible and do car pools.
- Use Less, Reuse & Recycle
- Car tyres should be sufficiently inflated which helps in saving fuel.
- Use less hot water for daily chores, which helps in reducing power consumption.
- Use Less packaged Products. Purchase fresh food instead of ready to eat food products.
- Plan Trees
- Do not waste Water
- Renewable energy- By producing power from wind & solar sources, we can reduce our dependence on coal- based power plants.
- Power saving
- Increasing Awareness. Start off by small efforts at home.